Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life~Lessons!: Survival List for Amusement Parks!

Well guys.....we survived! We all made it back from our un-amusing amusement park adventure yesterday (actually in the wee hours of the morning) and we each managed to do so in one-piece! So even though I am much too tired to be on here blogging my updates to you, I wanted to do so really quick because I know you didn't think I would survive it (and I'm sure you all were freaking out that maybe I passed out from the heat or possibly fell off of a roller coaster or something! lol)....so I needed to put your minds at ease and just update my survival status real quick! Of course I was looking forward to sleeping in just a bit today....but little Mr. Potty Training Man had to wake up to go pee bright & early this morning and woke up everyone in the house with his loud "I did it! I did it! I used the potty again!" expressions! He is so proud and we are so proud of him.....but man, oh man, was it early!
Here is a quick list of Do's & Dont's for you the next time you visit an Amusement park!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do take your kids to an amusement park. They will love it!
Do take yourself to an amusement park without your kids. You will love it more!
Do take lots of money. It is expensive to just get in the gate, let alone food & drinks.
Do check the weather and make sure it is not going to be too hot or rain all day!
Do take a stroller to transport lil' kids. Most places charge over $15 to rent one.
Don't expect short lines....they will be long no matter what!
Don't expect all the rides to be open. Over 10 were closed yesterday. No water rides open! :(
Don't expect "free" ice water....they offer bottled water for a small fee of $5! Outrageous!
Don't loose your kids in the crowd...even though a few minutes break from them sounds fun!
Don't pick to go on a day when you are within the first few days/weeks of potty training a kid! You will not be hanging out in ride lines but rather restroom lines!
Don't forget sunscreen! Why does it always feel so much hotter at these parks!
Don't forget to have fun! Your building wonderful memories for yourself & your kids! :)

Well......have a great day and don't forget to come back & see me again soon! :)
Life of Lele.lumz
Expressions*Confessions*Life~Lessons!
(The real life blog of a 20-something work at home mom of 2 who has managed to survive a long, hot day at the amusement park yesterday and is running on empty today!)


2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm glad you survived your day at the amusement park. I have not yet taken mine to a big one. We considered Disney last year but my 8 year old is scared of rollercoasters and my 5 yr old is TERRIFIED of costume characters.....maybe someday.

Lele.lumz! said...

Lol! I know how you feel kelley! I get torn between one kid who just got tall enough to ride the bigger stuff and one who is only tall enough for the little kid/toddler rides in kiddie land. Makes it hard to keep everyone happy all day long! :)