Friday, July 25, 2008

Confession* I Need Help In The Kitchen!!!


Okay, here's a Confession for you!*
I Need Help In The Kitchen!!!

My problem is that I am not one who enjoys meal preparation or meal clean-up. The only thing I like about the whole food creation process is the actually eating of the meal! Since I dislike all the work that goes into creating a wonderful and tasty meal, I take a lot of shortcuts....with the end result being much less desirable than the anticipated one!!! (i.e. My food never turns out picture-perfect like the clip in the recipe book...and the reviews are never quite so satisfactory in my family!)

What's wrong, people...am I forgetting to add-in an ingredient or two (or three!)? Am I leaving the food in the oven too long? What's wrong? That food is NOT burnt..Why, you don't love the natural flavoring that Cajun-style cooking offers, huh? :)

Okay, now! Enough laughing! My cooking is not that bad! I don't turn a recipe into a crime lab or anything....I just have problems with food creativity. My real issue is not entirely the fact that cooking is not my favorite thing to do....instead the real issue is that I run out of meal ideas quickly. I have the tendency to try to make something new....and it ends up being a huge hit in my house with the boys and hubby. I get excited! Yeah!!! They loved that! Better go to the store and buy all the ingredients to make it again in a few days!!! Well, the second time around wasn't such a huge hit, it ends up being more of a "Thanks, hon. That was good again." Hmmmm....did I leave anything out? No, I don't think so. They seemed to like it but were less enthusiastic. I was expecting fireworks for dessert! Wait a minute.....rewind back to hubby's response..."Thanks, hon. That was good ***." Wait, rewind that, what did he say after "good"? "Again"......did he have the nerve to say...AGAIN!?

Ahhhhhh.....now I get the HINT. Great-taste, but not so great taste two times in the same week! I get it. Hmmmm.....picky eaters, eh? I know some people who eat left-overs all week long....I guess that's not for everyone, but it must work for some. Wish hubs & little guys would get hip to this low maintenance lifestyle! lol :)

It's actually pretty funny in our house since I came to the revelation that some food actually tastes better when only served *every*now*and*then....instead of every*other*day! lol
So now, everytime I make something new.....After dinner when hubby and the kids are helping cleanup and say how much they liked the meal, I ask them......how much do you like this meal? Is it a once a week, once a month, once a year, or a once a lifetime meal! Then I know how often they would like to eat it!!!! Honesty is always the best policy and I think my kids are learning this well!!!

I guess the only other alternative would be to let hubby & the kids cook.........Hmmmm. After careful consideration of this, I have come to the conclusion that it's safer that I do. I do not want to have my house burn down and I also do not want any surprise ingredients in my food. (i.e. My oldest son owns a little pet snake....enough said!) :)

Hope you have enjoyed this Confession of mine....Hope I didn't scare ya away with the snake info! Please come back and check me out again soon.....
Until next time (Probably tomorrow!).............................


Life of Lele.lumz
Expressions*Confessions*Life~Lessons!
(The confession of a 20-something work-at-home mom of 2 who has real issues with cooking!)

No comments: